Welcome to “Last Week in Geekdom” where I comb through the internet to find the most important news you need to know so you don’t have to. This will be one of the only places on this blog that genre doesn’t matter. I’ll be featuring news stories from across comics, anime, and manga as well as general industry news. Obviously I’m going to miss things or think some things are more important than others. If I’ve missed something you think is important, let me know in the comments below! New additions to the format are Featured Articles, Featured Videos, and Featured WordPress Blog sections.
Anime and Manga News:
- Food Wars Season 3 returns on April 8 with 24 episodes.
- Kodansha makes a few new licensing announcements at Emerald City ComicCon including: Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku, Attack on Titan Character Encyclopedia, and Devil’s Line.
- Kim Kardashian apparently comes out as a fan of Darling and Franxx, claiming Zero Two inspired her own hairstyle.
- Yatta-tachi has put up a list of Manga releases for March 2018.
- The 3rd Season of My Hero Academia will start airing on April 7th with the first 6 episodes simuldubbed on Funimation.
- The creator of Fairy Tail, Hiro Mashima is teasing a new project with more announcements coming in April.
- 39 creators contribute manga and illustrations to the world’s first Yuri textbook.
- MyAnimeList launches digital manga store.
- Shirobako anime event announced for April 28th.
- Eisner Award-winning creator Mark Buckingham to adapt Neil Gaiman’s Likely Stories for Dark Horse Comics.
- Merriam-Webster has added Ms. Marvel’s catch-phrase “embiggen” to the dictionary along with other new words.
- The Regular Show returns with new line of comics.
- J. Scott Campbell voices concern over Stan Lee’s condition and his new caretakers.
- The Nerdist conducted an interview with Penelope Bagieu over her new graphic novel Brazen: Rebel Ladies Who Rocked the World.
- Little Women gets a graphic novel adaptation for their 150 year anniversary featuring a multicultural cast.
- Lindsey Stirling gets her own comic series entitled Sparrow.
- Erica Henderson leaves Squirrel Girl staff to pursue creator-owned work.
- Jacob Chapman from Anime News Network talks about why Space Dandy never reached the popularity of Cowboy Bebop
- The Sakuga Blog talks about some of the struggles new anime creators face in the industry
- The Anime Feminist talks about the differences between Ristorante Paradiso and After the Rain in their display of age gaps.
- Pause and Select interviews author and researcher Thomas Lamarre about his thoughts on Your Name its depiction of disaster
- Creator of American Born Chinese, Gene Luen Yang talks about how comic books make kids and adults smarter
Featured WordPress Post:
- Black and Yellow Otaku Gamers discuss what makes a slice-of-life story
If you’d like to get your blog post featured in the WordPress section, you can contact me before next Sunday through Facebook, Twitter (@amziebka), or my Contact page.
~~Thanks for Reading!~~
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress for all Bloom Reviews content updates and news.